I commend some recent articles to your attention.
- The Value Perspective on compound interest.
- John Kay on the utility of checklists.
- I’m a little late to this, but video of Michael Burry’s UCLA commencement speech is here.
- Michael Kitces: What Makes Something An Alternative Asset Class, Anyway? (from JFP).
- The “golden rule” of investing from Portfolioist.
- A hedge fund trio: another bad year (Covestor); Canadian hedge funds actually hedge (All About Alpha); and an industry in trouble (FT).
- Meb Faber on PE10 globally.
- Bruce Bartlett prefers none of the above.
- Barry Ritholtz on the state of the middle class.
- My own Alternative Asset Replication in Traditional Vehicles: How Authentic Can It Be? (JFP)