I commend some recent articles to your attention.
- The long-awaiting Michael Lewis profile of President Obama.
- Bob Woodward on the debt ceiling crisis: I don’t know which is more terrifying — that the Republicans were willing (even eager) to default or that the Administration had no Plan B.
- Every Howard Marks memo is worthwhile; here is his latest.
- Barry Ritholtz on the bailouts; Pro Publica looks at the numbers.
- We shouldn’t be surprised by underperformance; Felix Salmon charts it.
- Will Your Income Needs Trend Down as You Age?
- “Taxing the rich” (however defined) won’t solve the deficit problem — it doesn’t raise enough money.
- The Atlantic tries to lower debate expectations for the President.
- Monetary policy illustrated.
- My series on risk.
- My own Alternative Asset Replication in Traditional Vehicles: How Authentic Can It Be? (JFP)